Research Associate for Arts and Humanities Research Council Project: &
The Research Associate, who will be based in Manchester, will work closely with Dr, Ch??irez-Garza and the rest of the project team to conduct archival and interview based research in Britain and India, contribute intellectually to the development of this project, produce high quality research outputs and help to co-ordinate events, publications and partnerships in India relating to the successful completion of the project. You should have a PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline, with experience of archival or anthropological research in the field of South Asian history, and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. A demonstrable interest in the history of anthropology, caste or 'tribe' in South Asia would be an advantage, as would language skills in either Hindi or other Indic language.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- PhD or equivalent in History, Anthropology or a cognate discipline (to be completed by start date of post)
- Experience researching the history of anthropology in India and the history of caste and 'tribe'
- Excellent archival skills and experience of archival research and analysis
- Experience of archival research in India
- Willingness to work collaboratively to devise a research plan and produce joint academic and non-academic research outputs
- Expertise in South Asian History
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments will be made on merit.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Dr Jesus Chairez-Garza
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria that you should address in your application.