*6 month FTC to perm - 1-2 week notice or less to start*
The main focus of this role will be to support the finance function, assisting in the day to day running of the purchase and general ledger. Dealing with a variety of requirements from invoice processing and payment, supplier queries, bank reconciliations, credit card management, expenses processing and ensuring the ledgers are up to date.
- Daily processing of all invoices received.
- Monitoring, collating and reconciliation of all company credit cards
- Management of all expense claims during the month
- Support the monthly reporting for company results to Finance Manager including any queries on costs and invoices.
- Key point of contact for all internal and external clients in relation to purchase invoices, queries and payments
- Work as part of the Finance team, supporting colleagues where necessary
- Is an ambassador for the team and the company both internally and externally.
Background and experience
- Experienced Accounts Payable, preferably in a busy finance department, handling multiple queries, prioritising and delivering on deadlines
- Background of accounting/finance studies preferred
Key skills and competencies
- Able to effectively multi-task and take responsibility for organising their own time
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to be the best and is self-motivated
- Excellent Communication skills
- Constantly looks at improving processes and tasks
- Strong attention to detail with excellent numerical accuracy.
- Diligent individual who can 'think' and 'do' and is happy to work at the required level of detail
- Team player who is able to work on own initiative
- Proficient level of IT literacy - to include MS Office packages
- Great initiative and a really hands-on attitude - able to see issues as they arise and respond/escalate as needed
- Experience using Great Plains preferable.
Measures of success and key stakeholders
- The main KPI for this role will be achieving the above responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- The key stakeholders will be the finance team (specifically the Finance Manager and Management Accountants).