Job Type: Full Time, Monday – Friday
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
Our client has four registered Children’s Homes within the Surrey and Sussex Borders. Each home is set in a rural location and offers a comfortable homely environment for young males aged 13-18 years.
The ideal Registered Manager would have the following skills and experience:
- 2 years’ previous experience of managing a residential Children’s Home to a Good or Outstanding level
- Diploma Level 5 in Young People and Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding is essential as is an understanding of the skills needed to lead a team.
- You must have a good understanding of the requirements of registration and a previous Registration with Ofsted would be desirable.
Responsibilities for the Registered Manager:
- To be responsible for the weekly budgeting of cash and petty cash.
- To promote the welfare of the children as defined in the Children Act 1989 (HMSO 011 321 4308).
- To facilitate staff meetings / supervision for 1½ hours on a weekly basis. To attend seniors meeting monthly.
- To arrange and participate in training as required, and to contribute to your own professional development by keeping up to date of national developments in childcare policies and practice.
- To run / chair statutory and in-house reviews for all the young people.
- You may be called at home if a problem arises to give advice over the phone. In an emergency you may be called to come in.
- To ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with changes to procedures
- To ensure that communication between staff is promoted and individuals are given the opportunity to express their opinions.
- To offer guidance and support to staff while on shift, particularly when dealing with incidents.
- To ensure that positive and negative feedback is given constructively to promote a professional approach to work.
- To inform the Responsible Individual as soon as is reasonably possible in matters of dispute.
- To be responsible for weekly rota’s and staff annual leave.
- To promote equal opportunities.
- To make sure that young people and staff are kept safe and secure whilst out among the public.
- To be accountable for any decision made in regard to the welfare of the young people and staff members at all times.
- To support and encourage the young people to participate in decision making and planning.
- To participate and organise staff individual supervision.
- To be responsible for overseeing administration relevant to current regulations.
- To oversee all house activities ensuring full risk assessments are completed.
Children's Home - Support - Registered Manager - Safeguarding - Childcare
Apply for Registered Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly