IT Apprenticeship Skills Coach
IT Apprenticeships Skills Coach
Are you an experienced IT Apprenticeships Skills Coach looking for a new challenge? Or an Industry Expert with a keen interest in education and a passion to train? NowSkills are looking for a IT Apprenticeships Skills Coach specialising in delivering Infrastructure Technician Level 3 and Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programs to join our Northwest training team!
NowSkills is one of the country's leading digital apprenticeship training providers with hundreds of successful apprentices already in rewarding careers. As IT Apprenticeships Skills Coach you will need to be able to demonstrate up-to-date technical competence and knowledge & understanding to be considered for the role, of:
- Designing networks, applying appropriate security products and processes
- Installing and configure network components, including switches, routers and firewalls
- Monitoring, testing and adjusting network systems and performance
- Applying diagnostic tools and techniques to identify the causes of network performance issues
- Troubleshooting network issues and repairing faults in hardware, software products and the network
- System upgrades to network hardware, software and operating systems
- Operating effectively in the business environment and responds to business issues related to network engineering/infrastructure
- IT Security; Remote Infrastructure; Data: Problem-solving; Workflow management
As an IT Apprenticeship Skills Coach you will be required to (but not limited to):
- Deliver high quality training, coaching and assessment to apprentices
- Inspire, motivate and raise apprentices' aspirations through their passion for the sector
- Deliver inductions to new apprentices inclusive of initial assessments, CEIAG and H&S risk assessments on site
- Conduct regular face-to-face sessions and progress reviews with apprentices and their employers, complemented by eLearning
- Provide opportunities for apprentices to develop their English, maths and digital skills and knowledge
- Embed Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Fundamental British Values into training content
- Adhere to all NowSkills policies & procedures, Education & Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Awarding Body requirements
- Report to the Operations Director to achieve agreed volumes of timely apprentice achievements in line with the business strategy and plans
- To undertake additional projects and activities to meet the needs of the apprentices, employers and NowSkills
- Share best practice amongst the Operations Team and attend all internal meetings/training as required
- Maintaining continued professional development (CPD) and keeping up to date with all industry developments and practices
Ideally the successful candidate will have Industry experience in roles similar to Infrastructure Technician or Network Engineer and will have related qualifications pertaining to the roles such as: Network+; Server+; Security+; MTA Network Fundamentals; MTA Server Admin; ITIL Foundation Level; MTA Cloud Fundamentals). You shall also have a keen interest in Education and a passion to train, assess and coach apprentices in their digital careers.
Recognised teaching/training qualification and a working knowledge of OFSTED, SFA and Awarding Organisation requirements would be desirable, but not essential. Also, a proven record of working to at least OFSTED Grade 2 standards and an experience of working with 16-18-year olds would be advantageous.
We are looking for a tutor with excellent administrative skills and the ability to prioritise workloads, work methodically, accurately and effectively under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude. A full driving licence and own transport is essential.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply today with a copy of your up to date CV!
There will be a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check to undertake this role, and to provide at least two suitable references upon request.
NowSkills is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.