Your IT Apprenticeship in the Wirral delivered by NowSkills
You will be working as an IT Apprentice at an IT Solutions company who are based in the Wirral. In your IT Apprenticeship, you will be required to assist field engineers in the installation, servicing, repair and maintenance of computers and IT hardware. You will also be dealing with customer IT queries and providing technical support. As an IT Apprentice, you will be working alongside a team of IT Technicians who will teach you lots of methods and tools to help you develop your IT skills.
100% of NowSkills Apprentices have a job from day one of their Apprenticeship programmes. Why not join hundreds of successful IT Apprentices today and take the first step in your IT career.
Your IT Apprenticeship responsibilities
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents
- Assisting staff with any logged IT related incident when called upon
- Accurately recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
- Supporting clients with networking issues
- Running maintenance checks and testing products
IT Apprenticeship with NowSkills: Kick-start your IT Career today!
NowSkills are an experienced and dedicated geeky team who are trained to find and fill IT support Apprenticeships with young learners within the North West of England. We work exclusively with some of the UK's leading IT Apprenticeships employers.
Interested? This IT Apprenticeship's qualifying requirements
- Grades A-C in GCSE Maths & English Language (can include equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 2 or A-Levels)
- Passion for IT and computers
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to succeed in the IT industry
- 20% classroom and individual-based study time
- Enjoy student discounts from technology to fashion
- Discounted bus and train travel-pass
IT Apprenticeship typical working hours
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (1 hour for lunch)
How does an IT Apprenticeship in the Wirral work? (You don't pay to do your Apprenticeship!)
Your IT Apprenticeship is a government-funded training course where you are employed as an IT Apprentice and paid by a local employer in the IT support industry, during your 15-month placement NowSkills will support you with a range of training courses and mentoring allowing you to pass industry recognised vendor examinations.
What kind of training will you receive?
Training will take place in our classroom locations, online and face to face with our mentors. Your employer's line manager will also support you and teach you skills.
During your IT Apprenticeship, you will be assigned a supportive and well-experienced tutor who will provide tasks and targets to you to help you obtain the best possible grade.
Qualifications you will receive (varies with the employer's projects)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Network Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: CompTIA Network +
- Microsoft Technology Associate:Server Admin
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- MTA HTML 5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Enabling Office 365 Services
Future Prospects - Why an IT Apprenticeship?
If you're a problem solver with a keen interest in IT an IT Apprenticeship could be the right choice for you! An IT Apprenticeship will help you to gain the qualifications, skills, a salary, no student debt and the work experience you need to prosper in the IT industry.
Below are just a few examples of the kind of roles you could head into after your IT Apprenticeship and the kind of salary you could receive:
- Network Manager: GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 a year
- Infrastructure Assistant Manager: GBP29,000 a year
- Help-desk Team Leader - GBP21,500 a year
IT Apprenticeship positions fill fast and are in demand, the sooner you apply the sooner you can start your Apprenticeship. We look forward to hearing from you!
Launch your career in IT and start your IT Support Apprenticeship - APPLY TODAY!