Senior .NET Engineer - Sport broadcasting
Deltatre is the international leader in sport and entertainment media technology services. It provides an unrivalled suite of leading-edge products and services for the full spectrum of media including OTT, web and apps, broadcast graphics, content production, and data capture with real-time distribution. It serves a blue-chip client roster of the most prominent and influential sports and media companies including; IOC, Premier League, NFL, UEFA, FIFA, MLB, ATP, WWE, European Tour, DAZN, BT Sport, Discovery/Eurosport, PCCW, Bell Media, Telecine, Sony and hundreds of other companies worldwide. In 2018, Deltatre acquired Massive Interactive, a multi-award-winning OTT software company. Combined they are the largest independent OTT solution provider in the world.
- Proven experience in the sports and entertainment sectors
- Powered 1,000,000+ days of video in 2018
- Reaches billions of consumers every single year across its vast product ecosystem
- Group 800+ employees all together globally across our 19 offices
We are looking for a innovative Senior Developer to work on an exciting new OTT project for a major international broadcaster in sport.
The main focus will be to provide technical design and development on high traffic multi-tiered applications, ensuring solutions fit within the full software development life cycle of OTT solutions.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to put their extensive cloud knowledge and experience as a Backend Developer to the test; with input into product development and technology strategic direction, as well as potentially supporting a number of projects including live sporting events.
- Knowledge of OOP principles (Design Patterns, SOLID, DRY, YAGNI)
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming practices (TDD, Pair Programming, Refactoring)
- Familiarity with Live Streaming and Stream Encoding technologies
- Knowledge of Event Sourcing and CQRS
- Knowledge of scalability and performance challenges of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally scalable, resilient and high performance REST services
- Knowledge of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and hands-on experience in at least one cloud platform: Microsoft Azure; Able to design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion
- Knowledge of MS-SQL Server, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Dockers, JSON communication
- Knowledge of ASP.NET stack (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#)
- Experience with Microsoft TFS, comfortable with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- Experience with installation and deployment of servers and open source platforms
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Additional background required:
- Significant experience relating to your technical domain and demonstrable knowledge of other technology domains
- Relevant work experience in broadcast graphics, digital media or high traffic B2C sectors is essential
- Significant proven success using key technologies across the entire development cycle
- Solid experience of numerous successful deliveries, in an agile working environment
- An interest in suggesting own ideas and discussing latest technologies with the team
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Thrives in a global, multi-cultural corporate environment
- An interest in sport is great but not essential
Some of our company perks:
- Global company with huge growth potential
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering/Tech team who love to collaborate
- Support with your career development and access to training
- Casual dress code
- Regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Free refreshments in the office
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.