Technical Support Engineer
Salary: GBP25k to GBP30k
Duration: Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Our client is a Fast Growth 50 company and one of the UK's leading distributors of security, CCTV cameras, fire alarms and access control products. They urgently require an experienced phone based Technical Support Engineer to join their highly skilled team in Cardiff.
To provide first line technical support to customers, over the phone and via remote desktop.
The company takes pride in its consultative approach, helping customers through the provision of training, access to their expert technical team and the design of bespoke solutions.
- Answering phone calls - responding to technical support queries from customers, offering first line support, via remote desktop applications when possible.
- Test and repair of faulty equipment.
- Testing potential new products and documenting performance.
- Configuring hardware/software for sale.
- Liaising with suppliers and customers in the UK and overseas, in person and over the phone.
- Assisting the sales team with product selection.
- Must have previous experience of installation and maintenance of security products
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Fault finding experience within the security sector,
- Previous technical support experience is ideal
Employee benefits include private healthcare, group pension scheme, a generous annual leave allowance, cycle to work and gym membership schemes, free dining club membership, quarterly financial well-being sessions, free lunch Fridays and free parking.
For a detailed job description or for more information please call and speak to a member of our experienced team or to apply send your CV to Totec today.
All calls will be handled in strictest confidence and all applications will be progressed promptly. All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK.