Senior Analyst - Modeling
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To provide Data Analytics and Risk Modeling within the oil and gas sector. Develop methods, algorithms and a framework for using data and statistics to determine the most likely scenarios to allow optimization of activities (inspection and maintenance) that an operator should undertake to uphold safety standards, maintain or improve production availability and control costs.
The role will interface with both internal engineering teams in UK, Norway and India and external clients in UK. Therefore the individual must be a proficient communicator and networker. A key focus of the role is on developing relationships with existing, new clients and building business with them specific for Data Analytics and Modeling in the UK.
- Lead, perform and supervise data analytics and Modeling activities designed to achieve the goals of the predictive Modeling analysis
- Represent Oceaneering on appropriate industry technical forums and seminars
- Represent Oceaneering through development of "White Papers" or/and present at conferences
- Ensure analysis and Modeling results are clearly presented in a format suitable to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Implement and/or Lead the design, development and maintaining of specific predictive model programmes to quantify risk and confidence levels for onshore and offshore oil and gas installations
- Lead the preparation of data for input into predictive Modeling analysis
- Liaise with Integrity Engineers and Stakeholders as required for discipline input into Modeling properties and data cleansing/validation requirements
- Review input data, analysis and output so that quality standards are achieved
- Input to innovative solutions to optimize equipment and facility maintenance costs through the predictive analysis output
- Lead re-evaluations of Modeling programmes based on operational feedback
- Provide support for staff learning and development
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities
- PhD or MSc Degree in related discipline i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Modeling, Programming or Physics
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Good presentation skills and comfortable presenting on topic of expertise
- Good knowledge of data Modeling, statistical Modeling and data mining
- Experience of analyzing and investigating data sets to drive insight and deliver commercial benefit
- Good programming skills, e.g. Python or R is an advantage.
- Provide leadership, co-ordination or guidance to others
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.