Finance Business Advisor - Senior Associate
In line with the Global Finance Transformation, our Markets Finance function are launching new roles in parallel with the deployment of a global SAP implementation known as Program Mercury, one of which is the Mercury Business Advisor (MBA). The Mercury Business Advisor senior associate is a member of a high performing and mixed rank Mercury Business Advisor team led by the Lead Mercury Business Advisor.
In summary, the Finance Business Advisor is a finance professional with end-to-end system, process and policy knowledge who provides the right advice as it is needed and partners with other functions to address the issues facing the business as we transform how we operate.
The Finance Business Advisor plays a key role to advise and support our client serving engagement teams to make best use of Mercury and its processes in order to effectively manage their projects with EY's external clients. There are two main components to this role: providing on-demand financial advisory support to engagement teams reaching out through a variety of technological conduits (online chat, phone line or by logging a ticket) and impactful proactive outreach to engagement teams that have been identified as needing intervention through financial metrics exception reporting. The role will provide support across all EY UK and Ireland business.
As a valued member of the Finance Business Advisor team you will have the opportunity to ensure high standards of financial management and expertise across all client engagements within your portfolio whilst serving as a Trusted Business Advisor. You would be required to provide first line on demand support including analysing, diagnosing and resolving stakeholder queries to develop a strong culture of financial awareness, and accountability.
It is a challenging role that helps us to deliver profitable growth and offers career development opportunities within EY. Furthermore, you will act as an ambassador, embodying the EY culture and reputation.
Your key responsibilities
- You will outreach to client teams based on analysis of generated and customised reports and take responsibility for ensuring all queries are resolved to suitable completion
- Provide guidance on local policy and leading practices
- Facilitate training for client serving team on Mercury and effective financial management practices
- Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and providing support to other team members across borders, service lines, and industries and constantly leverage leading practices
- Review open items in ServiceNow (ticketing system), prioritise follow up activities and schedule engagement team meetings for the week.
Spend scheduled time 'on the grid', taking calls/chats from client Servers - which includes activities such as:
- Reviewing pricing plans
- Advising on service line GDS leverage targets
- Ensuring engagement teams are properly prepared for client negotiations from a financial perspective
- Advising on how to select the correct client entity for opportunities
- Explaining downstream impacts of different user choices required by Mercury
- Provide instruction and guidance on estimate to complete (ETC) processes and corresponding financial impacts
Analytic and Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Make relevant decisions to ensure client Servers receive a timely and accurate response such that questions/issues are resolved in a one-stop basis where possible - and where that is not possible, escalated to the appropriate functional expert quickly and effectively.
- Manage new user lack of knowledge/frustration and direct the interaction to the best outcome for the end-user, leveraging strong soft skill abilities and global mindset to adapt personal style where needed
- When working on Client Server portfolios, leverage system and finance expertise to prepare the discussion: making judgments regarding the topics to address and their prioritisation - understanding when to reach out to other functional experts in order to help prepare for the interaction.
Skills and attributes for success
- Professional approach with a strong understanding of the Client Server perspective and able to view issues empathetically
- Ability to solve problems and provide a credible solution
- Confident to challenge where appropriate
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Vigorous time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
- Eagerness to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
Experience in translating technical system "jargon" into business relevant terms so that concepts are understandable to client serving teams
- Well-developed listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the capability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
- Excellent written, oral and virtual communication skills with the confidence to assist with delivering presentations, training material and knowledge sharing
- Assurance to deliver challenging messages and drive communication to a mutual understanding in a professional manner
- Demonstrate the ability to become an effective change advocate
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience working with customers remotely
- Used to working in a fast paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and build strong relationships
- Strong IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and SharePoint
- Desire to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing and high activity environment
Ideally you'll also
- Either have a finance related degree, be studying for an accountancy qualification or experience working for a professional service or consultancy environment
- Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
- Have the ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
What we look for
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of customer service for internal stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.