A leading global recruitment company in Glasgow are seeking a Credit Manager to join their team on a 6 month contract.
What will you be doing?
As Credit Manager you will administer the daily credit management duties. This will be in line with the guidelines set forth by the Head Of Accounts Receivable. The execution of this task must be accomplished in the manner which is both sales supportive, minimising credit losses and maximizes return on accounts receivable investment.
- Working alongside the Head of Accounts Receivable to set targets, manage, motivate, train & develop staff.
- Driving cash collections and helping to minimise risk.
- Assist with debt management and liaison with the large, international and high risk customers to maximise collections
- Maintain department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
- Produce reporting of KPIs as agreed. Enhance and drive reporting for management on operational activities including collections, provisions, targets, ageing, key clients and days outstanding
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Manage, train, up-skill, motivate, retain and recruit staff
- Monthly account reviews with team members to ensure they are supported towards achieving their targets and personal Development plans.
- Organising and reviewing staff performance objectives periodically.
- Communicate with other departments & staff to ensure SLA's are met.
- Assist in reducing unallocated cash
What skills/experience should you have?
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team, strong individual contributions, interacting with Executive level management and working within a team environment.
- Previous experience of managing in a fast paced commercial credit environment
- Understanding of credit reporting agencies
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of remote management
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Policies, procedures, regulations and applicable law.
- Experience of working in the recruitment industry.
- Essential exposure to multi-currency countries
- Experience of reducing DSO across multiple countries and currencies.
- Extensive experience of SAP systems.
- Desirable either French, Dutch or German Speaker
- Experience of dealing with clients in the recruitment industry
Who will you be working for?
As a Credit Manager you'll be joining SThree, a global recruitment organisation at their new offices in Glasgow. A motivated and diverse environment, you will be supported whilst working for an award-winning equal opportunity employer who will recognise and reward you for your talent and commitment.
What can we offer you?
Excellent benefits; private healthcare, dental plan, pension, discounted gym membership
Share scheme; 3 year scheme which could see you double your investment after buying shares on a monthly basis
Interested? Get in touch, today!
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.