Day Host / Concierge / Porter
Scarlet is set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and is 1 of 2 hotels in the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, they are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
The Scarlet was opened in 2009, a groundbreaking design built to the highest eco standards. Both the interior and exterior design of the Scarlet embraces the building’s stunning cliff top location and reflects its natural environment through the sensuous use of materials and design.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
Scarlet like to do things differently so we don’t have a formal ‘Concierge/Porter’. All of our team ‘host’ and the most diverse and interesting role is our Day Host offering an exceptional customer experience to our guests, whilst supporting the Food & Beverage Team and other areas within the hotel.
This is a perfect opportunity to get to know a hotel from all the possible aspects by being a key part of the day to day operation.
Key responsibilities are:
- Front facing role in delivering the Scarlet signature ‘home from home’ experience, ensuring our guests feel well looked after as though in a friend's home.
- Concierge-style service by interacting with guests, ensuring they have everything they need and are making the most of the Scarlet and the local area.
- Looking after the Food and Beverage service around the Scarlet - serving tea, coffee, drinks and food - with a smile!
- Porter style duties such as helping with luggage and handling deliveries.
- Supporting the Front of House Team with check-ins and checkouts.
- Supporting the Housekeeping Team with clearing trays, moving laundry and maybe making the occasional bed!
The best applicant will have a natural passion for hospitality with a warm, friendly manner, be able to positively respond to customer feedback and complete tasks within a specified time.
This is an active role so lots of energy is vital.
Excellent spoken and written English along with numeracy and the ability to use a computer.
- £8.25-£8.50 per hour includes probationary rate
- Permanent contract
- 2 days on/2 days off shift pattern – 7am to 8pm
- 28 days holiday per year pro rata (29 after 1 year)
- Relocation temporary accommodation available
- Development and training
- Discount on hotel products and services at the Scarlet and Bedruthan
- Free use of pool
- Access to gym
- Many more perks!
- More perks after probation and for long service including a free experience to stay in the hotel with breakfast, lunch, dinner and spa treatments
- Cash back scheme for wellbeing
- Friends and Family rate for stays at the Scarlet and Bedruthan
Wish you were here? Please use the “I am interested” link to submit your CV.
You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 October 2019
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life