Legal Services Manager
Legal Services Manager
Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. We are a leading developer of affordable and social housing and from Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities.
As well as owning more than 36,000 homes, we are developing 1,600 new homes each year, with ambitious plans to build 16,000 new homes over the next ten years.
We are currently looking for a Legal Services Manager to join our team and provide legal advice and guidance to our organisation.
- Salary of £36,588 - £40,653 per annum
- Discretionary annual organisational bonus
- Contributory pension scheme operated by SHPS
- Healthcare cash plan (cash back on healthcare treatments and more, including family days out and discounted gym memberships)
- 26 days’ holiday (rising to 30) plus Bank Holidays
- 4 days’ volunteering leave per annum
If you are a qualified solicitor with a strong understanding of property law, this is an exciting opportunity to help an organisation continue to build better neighbourhoods across the South-West.
At LiveWest we share a common mission – a home for everyone - and each of us takes pride in contributing to that. If you think you could thrive as part of our team, we want to hear from you.
As the Legal Services Manager, you will provide LiveWest with initial legal advice on a range of issues, with a particular focus on land and property queries.
Supporting the Head of Legal Services, you will help to manage our legal services framework and providence governance and company secretarial advice and assistance.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as the organisation’s Assistant Company Secretary
- Support the Treasury Team to prepare property for charging
- Provide advice to committees and boards
- Support and develop junior members of the team
To join us as a Legal Services Manager, you will need:
- Experience in property law and knowledge of lender requirements for property charging
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment and experience of corporate structures and company law
- Experience of working in a company secretarial or governance role
- To be a qualified solicitor
- The ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
We would like to hear from you if you’ve held the title of Solicitor, Qualified Solicitor, Lawyer, Legal Advisor, Property Solicitor, Conveyancing Solicitor, or Company Secretary.
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Legal Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week