The payroll administrator will be part of a busy payroll department, providing UK payroll services to a diverse range of clients. The payroll administrator will have a solid understanding of UK payroll legislation and will be able to process UK payrolls from start to finish. They will be responsible for the completion of small and non-complex payrolls.
- The preparation of monthly payrolls and CIS submissions. Ensure accurate and timely processing of the work in accordance with Company Procedures and client requirements
- Collect payroll input data from clients. Review data and check it is fit for purpose, push back to client if the data is incorrect/incomplete
- Input client data into STAR/payroll software. Run payroll report from software. Cross check data from report using manual payroll calculations
- Pass completed payrolls to Payroll Supervisor for a 4-eye check within agreed SLA's
- Develop up-to-date UK payroll legislation and product knowledge. Including a solid understanding of auto-enrolment legislation and impact in client payrolls
- Escalation of client/work issues to Payroll Supervisor or Senior Manager
- Adherence to delivery assurance policies, processes and procedures
- Undertake tax year end delivery as and when required, ensuring compliance with all statutory obligations
- Answer payroll/client queries in a timely manner within SLA process.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients
- Able to follow a defined process
- Strives for high standards of delivery to clients
- Records their time accurately and within deadline
- Understands and applies control and risk and governance frameworks consistently.
- Acts with integrity
- Trustworthy team member who considers those around them.
- Able to communicate (verbally and through written work) information in a clear and concise manner
- Must be organised and confident in dealing with multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent customer service skills and a team player.
- Knowledge and experience: