You will be joining a truly fantastic business who are long established, the teams are empowered and supported. After the brilliant news that our client is opening brand new site in St Helens we are pleased to confirm we are yet again working with our client in the search for maintenance engineers for the new site. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis from the grand opening in August. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a leading brand and work with some of the latest technology and machinery, then this is a perfect opportunity to get in touch and make it happen. Offering a salary of circa GBP34,000.
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will be providing maintenance, breakdown and support engineering to customer owned equipment on site. Working as a team member to maximise efficient operation in a safe working environment.
- Perform routine, planned maintenance on all customer equipment and observe daily, weekly and monthly tests and recording policies
- Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to report known issues / faults and to ensure they are effectively dealt with and closed out
- Perform breakdown repairs on customer machines
- Record parts used, maintenance performed, repairs and remedial activity required
- Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to close out jobs, or complete necessary remedial works
- Provide support to cover small maintenance works on the buildings where required
- Ensure good house-keeping at all times, ensuring both workshop and shop floor areas are clean and tidy
- Make suggestions to improve working practices
- Order spare parts and ensure stock locations are maintained and kept in order
- Work with the customer to prioritise workloads in order to maximise production
- Comply with all Company polices, health and safety, continuous improvement
- The Maintenance Engineer needs to be electrically competent
- Customer interaction
- Able to maintain a high-volume production line to ensure productivity is maximised
- Electrical testing and logical fault-finding processes
- Able to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to think on your own and use initiative
The working week runs Monday to Friday with a basic 40 per week within a 2 shift system of 06:00-14:30 and 14:30-23:00., however the client is open Monday to Sunday so there is overtime opportunity available at the discretion of the client and would be paid at 1.5 x your hourly rate (2x hourly rate for Sundays).
The starting salary for this position is circa GBP34,000 per annum with 6 and 12 month salary review. The company offer 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays,) pension, healthcare, sick pay, childcare vouchers, long service awards.