Content Marketing Manager
Would you be interested in joining an innovative e-learning provider?
We have a fantastic opportunity to join GoodPractice as a Content Marketing Manager, based in our central Edinburgh location, looking after our content requirements to drive forward our B2B marketing requirements. You will be responsible for managing and shaping the GoodPractice content plan, roadmap, our internal Content Workng Group, Customer Personas and being the guardian of our Tone of Voice throughout the organisation.
Who We Are:
Good Practice are a part of Emerald Learning (GoodPractice, Towards Maturity and Mind Tools), who are owned by Emerald Group. Emerald Group is a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While its roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the Group's learning division provides learners with the insight and tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Since 2000, GoodPractice have been developing award-winning performance support and e-learning resources. By partnering with content creators, instructional designers, technical experts and account managers, we design and deliver the best source of on-demand content to help employees get their job done more effectively. And as a part of Emerald Learning, you'll work across all three businesses to help drive the overall content strategy forward.
The Role & Team:
This is an incredibly collaborative role, one that sits within Marketing, but that works with multiple stakeholders across the business, as well as external agencies/ or freelancers. You'll work with multiple teams, in particular product content writers, research and insights managers, marketing and sales teams.
You'll work closely with colleagues across Emerald Learning organisations' Mind Tools (based in Brighton) and Towards Maturity (London). However, we also maximise tools like Slack and Teams to ensure contact is valuable and regular.
Working closely with those in the business to create internal research (or commission externally if required) in order to both understand industry hot topics and insights within the Learning and Development sector, which can then be translated into suitable content. Channel agnostic, you will work across multiple channels, providing content for the website, social media, articles, blogs and marketing campaigns.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Creating and adding to our messaging framework, personas, content roadmap and content schedule
- Managing and facilitating the creation of content to support our marketing requirements, including creating your own content and editing as required
- Be the brand guardian for our Tone of Voice - which may involve ensuring training has been given to relevant colleagues and ensuring all marketing content is passed by your approval.
- Identify the opportunities within the Learning and Development marketing as to what the hot topics and insights are that we should be tapping into - working closely with our Digital Marketing Manager to ensure SEO performs effectively.
- Whilst you won't be responsible for the day to day running of social media or B2B events, it will be expected that you'll feed into their success from developing content as well as identifying how we can maximise our key "influencers" to drive further success in these channels (LinkedIn, Twitter and key industry events).
Who We're looking For:
To be suitable for this role it is important that you are already in a role creating, editing or managing the creation of Content, whether this maybe (but not restricted to) a PR Manager, Editor, Content Writer, Marketing Manager, Content Marketing Manager with some experience in the day to day roles and responsibilities outlined above. It is important that you have some writing and/ or editing skills in order to carry out this role. It is also important that you are:
- A good communicator and able to organise and run meetings with multiple stakeholders of various levels within the business
- You are able to identify gaps within our marketing content and accurately brief these in for creation or write them effectively
- Able to work with external PR agencies or industry press in order to create press releases or liaise with agencies on article creation externally as well as internally
- The ability to engage and quickly establish strong working relationships.
What's in It for You:
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you'll join a trusting, and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and learning new skills.
You'll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.