Catering Service Engineer
Catering Service Engineer
My client is a leading manufacturer in the Catering industry, and they are seeking a Catering Service Engineer to join their expanding field operations in the Chelmsford area of Essex.
Following on from successful organic growth, this catering industry leader are seeking to appoint a Catering Service Engineer in Chelmsford to help deliver the desired customer service experience. The goal is to drive improve service levels across their business and improve customer satisfaction, maximise customer retention and increase profitability.
The Catering Service Engineer will be responsible for performing reactive and preventative maintenance on a wide range of commercial catering equipment, including commercial dishwashers and warewashing equipment as well as commercial laundry, commercial ovens, and other catering equipment. This will be in locations in Chelmsford and the surrounding parts of Essex and Suffolk.
The successful candidate will be a Field Service Engineer with experience working with white goods or commercial dishwashers or laundry equipment, from a range of manufacturers such as JLA, Hobart, CrystalTech, Classeq, Sammic, Miele, Winterhalter, IPSO, Maidaid Halcyon, and Girbau. They are able to provide full training, however some electrical engineering experience would be required for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing service and customer support during field visits
- Managing all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions
- Provide service and customer support during field visits
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
- Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Qualifications and Skills
- Proven field service experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Ability and desire to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Technical degree or certification e.g. Electrical, City & Guilds, 17th edition or 18th edition
- Salary range is graded and dependent on experience
- Basic hours of work are 40 hours a week. (on a Rota basis)
- Company van (with use privately) including fuel card.
- Smart phone and laptop
- Comprehensive training
- Company pension
- Overtime available
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading supplier in the catering equipment industry. If you are an experienced Service Engineer in the catering industry and living in the Chelmsford or Essex area please submit your CV now for consideration for this role