Accounts Payable Team Leader
SF Group are working with a vibrant and well established business in Derby who are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Team Leader on a temporary to permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for some one who is looking to join a business who really invest in their staff and are offering a highly competitive salary and package.
Key Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Supervisor:
- Lead the Accounts Payable team to ensure all work required is completed on time and accurately.
- Co-ordinate activities within the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results.
- Organise the allocation of workload within the Purchase Ledger team, to ensure that work is allocated fairly, clearly understood as to what is required to be achieved with timescales (where applicable) and ensures that each member of the team maintains a broad range of knowledge.
- Create a program of continuous improvement
- Ensure all invoices are registered on receipt and ensure that all invoices have the appropriate ledger code.
- Check invoiced expenditure has been incurred in accordance with the documented authorisation process and challenge deviations from protocol.
- Oversee the reconciliation of all supplier statements, and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure the ledger represents a true and fair position in relation to each ledger.
- Manage the accurate payment of suppliers for goods and services, in line with the agreed terms.
- Highlight new or changing risks within our supplier base.
- Ensure all records and relevant records are archived in line with agreed standards.
- Support and implement actions to optimise working capital as directed by the Finance Manager and Head of Transactions.
- Support internal and external audit teams by ensuring that relevant documentation is prepared in advance and co-ordinate prompt responses to any issues raised.
- Manage customer deductions, liaising with Credit Control and treasury.
- Lead team of direct reports.
- The preparation of period-end AP reports.
- Provide necessary inputs from AP into cash flow and working capital modelling.
- Own the team metrics, constantly seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Any other task as may be deemed necessary from time to time by management.
Skills and Experiences:
- A Self starter with the ability to use own initiative to resolve problems
- Commitment to getting the job done in a pro-active enthusiastic manner
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft office packages with exceptional Excel skills
- Good Team Work
- Effective relationship-management skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a demanding environment.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please apply now attaching a copy of your most recent CV