Accounts Assistant at the BDO Shared Service Centre in Liverpool
The firm is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join the Accounts Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO's rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
* Support regional client facing audit teams by preparing statutory accounts from trial balance under FRS 102, FRS 102 section 1a and FRS 101
* Work extensively with the Caseware accounting software and BDO's workflow tools
* Deliver team outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume
* Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
* Provide support to other colleague teams dependent upon seasonality of core work
* Educated to degree level or equivalent with either a relevant finance or accounting degree or some experience of working in this sector
* IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS products and similar desktop applications. Willingness to learn new systems is essential
* Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
* Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
* Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
* No professional training contract is provided with this role. However ongoing training is provided to meet role specific needs