Events and Engagements Officer
Civic Events and Engagements Officer
Salary: Grade 6 £25,801 to £28,785 (Bar at £27,905) per annum
Contract Type: Full Time Permanent
Hours: 35 per week
Work Location: Central Library, St Peters Square, City Centre, Manchester, M2 5PD
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
The Civic and Ceremonial Team manage all aspects of protocol and procedure and provide direct support to the Lord Mayor of Manchester. This includes oversight and delivery of major civic and special events of significant reputational importance to Manchester to the highest possible standard.
You will be responsible for managing civic events and engagements. The role will include planning, coordinating and delivering civic events. You will also be required to provide support to the Lord Mayor, including diary management and customer liaison.
We are looking for:
- Someone with experience of organising events.
- An enthusiastic person who is able to demonstrate a high level of administration and organisational skills. Excellent communication skills.
- A creative thinking person to provide innovative solutions to problems.
- Someone with the ability to organise multiple tasks and prioritise a very busy workload.
- Good attention to detail as this is extremely important whether coordination and managing an event or organising an engagement in the diary.
- The ability to make effective decisions, demonstrate sound judgement and is logical in thinking.
- Good Planning skills
For further information and to apply online, please visit the website