Supervising Social Worker
3 days left
- Full Time
Supervising Social Worker
Predominantly covering Norwich, North East Norfolk and Great Yarmouth
Newly Qualified Social Worker (ASYE) £26,000 per annum
Supervising Social Worker (Post ASYE) £28,000 – £34,968 per annum (depending on experience)
Regional Foster Placements is an independent fostering agency providing safe, high quality family placements to children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives; the East Anglia region’s last Ofsted report published in March 2018 rated the region ‘Good’ in all areas.
The East Anglia team covers Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Thurrock, Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. We are looking for another committed Supervising Social Worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation, to join our dedicated and supportive team or a newly qualified Social Worker who is keen to join an Independent Fostering Agency. The successful candidate will predominately cover Norwich, North East Norfolk and Great Yarmouth. Ideally, the successful candidate will live in the North East area of Norfolk or the Norwich area with the option to be home based if they live further than 30 minutes travel time from the office in Norwich.
The Supervising Social Worker’s duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster carers; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster carers
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster carers and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster carer support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s fostering placements
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed team with high ethical standards, a commitment to safeguarding children and to best childcare practice. You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period), a realistic caseload (maximum of 12 fostering households) and opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
- Mileage allowance
- Realistic case loads
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 days’ annual leave
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current HCPC registration to be considered for this role.
Other organisations may call this role Foster Care Supervisor, Social Worker, Fostering Social Worker, or Fostering Supervisor.
The closing date for applications is the 21st October 2019 with interviews scheduled for the week commencing the 4th November 2019.
To apply for the role of Supervising Social Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.