Manager (Corporate Finance)
- Full Time
Manager (Corporate Finance)
Up to £44,217
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high performing and motivated individual within our client’s Corporate Finance Team, as Manager (Corporate Finance).
Do you want to work for a company where you can make a difference and be an integral contributor to delivering the finance team vision?
‘To provide high quality services and assurance that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders and to be a key facilitator and business partner in helping the organisation deliver the business plan objectives and change programme within the organisation.’
As a Manager (Corporate Finance), you will:
- Assume overall day to day responsibility of the Corporate Finance (operational) team and delivery of the finance team vision
- Continually review policies, procedures and processes to ensure these add value
- Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure a high quality service is maintained
Their ideal candidate will possess excellent organisational and management skills
As Manager (Corporate Finance), you will:
- Have an accounting and management qualification or equivalent through relevant training/experience
- Have leadership skills to promote effective performance through self-development and motivating and supporting others
- Have excellent communication skills and collaborative work ethic
- Have knowledge and experience of all Microsoft 365 products and reporting from financial systems
- Understand how the corporate finance service connects to the organisational strategy
About the Company
Our client is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 22,500 homes and high-quality care and support services. With a clear vision to improve the lives of their customers and their colleagues through their shared values and integrated services, the Group has ambitious plans for the future and is always looking to grow.
You will be joining the organisation following the launch of our 2025 strategy, which concentrates on improving the lives of customers and colleagues by focusing on the areas of financial resilience and health and wellbeing.
Our client values and respects their people. They recognise that their success rests on the shoulders of committed staff so they want to make sure that everyone feels supported and appreciated.
They offer an attractive employee benefits package and excellent training and development opportunities.
They are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities they work with. They invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Closing Date: Monday, 21st October 2019 (Midnight)
Interview Date: TBC