Employers for Carers Wales Hub Manager
We are seeking a motivated self-starter to project manage the Wales Hub of our national ‘Employers for Carers’ scheme. This will involve working with employers across Wales to encourage carer-friendly policies and working practices.
You will have experience of building and managing relationships at all levels, sales and making successful pitches. Excellent organisational and financial skills, an analytical approach and an understanding of employment policy and the business environment are essential.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 4th November 2019
Interview date: Monday 11th November 2019 at Carers Wales office
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Claire Morgan, Wales Director on 02920 811 370.
For further information please visit:
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims of the Post
- To manage and develop the operations of Employers for Carers (EfC) Wales Hub as part of EfC, Carers UK’s innovative and practical membership forum and as a service to employers.
- To manage and deliver services for, and relationships with Wales only EFC members and Wales-based offices of UK EfC members (in liaison with the EfC team).
- To develop, manage and deliver training and consultancy products for member (and non member) organisations.
- To promote the business benefits of supporting carers in the workplace to employers, along with EfC membership and services in order to grow the EfC Wales Hub.
- Manage, develop and deliver services for Wales only EfC members and Wales-based offices of UK EfC members (in liaison with the EfC team) organisations via the EfC website and other communication channels.
- Work with the EfC team to ensure that EfC’s digital resources are updated regularly and are relevant to the Wales Hub.
- Manage the translation of EfC’s practical resources for managers and employees such as employer guides, toolkits, newsletters, articles etc
- Initiate and organise a programme of regular EfC Wales Hub member events.
- Manage the membership process for Wales only employers including arrangements for recruiting, joining up, engaging and retaining members for the EFC Wales Hub and overseeing the annual membership renewal process.
Training and consultancy
- Develop and manage EfC Wales Hub training and consultancy services and projects, including products for member and non member organisations.
- Contribute to and deliver EfC Wales Hub training and consultancy services.
Business development and promotion
- Carry out business planning and development activities in order to grow EfC Wales Hub both as a forum as part of EfC and as a practical training and consultancy service, including identifying, approaching and managing a pipeline of new employer contacts.
- Manage the EfC Wales Hub operational budget to ensure that EfC Wales Hub continues to develop into a self-sustaining part of EfC in the longer term.
- Manage and implement a communications strategy to raise awareness of EfC Wales Hub and of the business benefits of supporting carers in employment.
- Contribute to topical policy issues to promote awareness of EfC Wales Hub more widely in Wales, including working with Carers UK/Wales to respond to consultations, queries, and invitations to speak at relevant events.
- Manage the operations of EfC Wales Hub as part of EfC and as a training and consultancy service including: EfC Wales Hub member events, invoices, contracts, publications orders, membership records and new business pipeline.
- Line manage members of staff/supervise contractors engaged in EfC Wales Hub related activities where appropriate.
- To attend staff meetings and Carers UK/Wales staff conferences as directed.
- To work at all times in accordance with all policies and procedures of Carers UK including the Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality Policies.
- To reasonably undertake any other duties as required by the line manager that are commensurate with the level of the post.
- Comply with data protection regulations, ensuring that information on clients, members, supporters, employees and volunteers remains confidential.
The details contained in the job description particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It does not form part of the contract of employment and may be changed from time to time in consultation with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Essential Skills/Experience required
- A demonstrable understanding of employment policy and the business environment.
- Experience of sales, making pitches and winning business.
- Experience of project management, including track record of working on own initiative and prioritise own workload.
- Team management experience, including ability to initiate and oversee the completion of work in a range of different areas.
- Demonstrable business planning skills, including the ability to identify new business opportunities and develop and deliver them.
- Track record of effective liaison, consultation and negotiations with external organisations, including at a senior level.
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing, including preparing papers, and making presentations at external meetings and events.
- Good financial awareness, including experience of managing budgets.
- Demonstrable ability to manage a combination of different, often complex, tasks and work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines.
- To be flexible in response to changing projects and priorities in terms of identifying, planning, organising and delivering services and activities.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity.
- An ability to use MS Office, in particular Word and Excel, and an informed appreciation of new technology and its potential applications.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Carers UK.
- A willingness and ability to travel throughout Wales and to the Carers UK office in London.
- Experience of developing and delivering training sessions for external organisations.
- An informed appreciation of the challenges and issues facing unpaid carers and an ability to relate to and empathise with the needs of individual carers.
- Welsh speaker.
Terms and Conditions
£31,934 - £35,410
Carers Wales Cardiff office or if required at another location or office to be able to carry out the duties of the post
We believe that we are a great place to work. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) rising to 28 days with long service
- An additional 3 days leave over Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
- Up to 10 days paid care leave
- 6% contribution to stakeholder pension scheme
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Free life assurance cover 2 times your annual salary
- Eye care voucher scheme
- A commitment to staff learning and development
Apply for Employers for Carers Wales Hub Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly