Jubilee House, Penrith
Are you a dedicated Catering Assistant looking for your next role? Could you thrive working in an environment supporting members of the amazing UK Fire and Rescue Service community? If so, read on.
The Fire Fighters Charity is the organisation that supports the mental, physical and social needs of the members of the UK Fire and Rescue Service community. We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and tailor our service to achieve the best outcomes for each of our beneficiaries.
When the rescuers need it the most, we rescue them.
As part of our UK-wide range of support services, Jubilee House is situated in 10 acres of grounds within the beautiful village of Eamont Bridge, based one mile from the historic town of Penrith.
We are now seeking a Catering Assistant to join our team and provide excellent catering services to our guests.
This role works on a 3 week shift pattern, working an average of 21.33 hrs per week.
Week 1 – Monday 15:15 – 19:15, Tuesday 8:30 – 13:30, Wednesday 8:30 – 13:30, Thursday 8:30 – 13:30, Friday 3:15 – 7:15
Week 2 – Monday 8:30 – 13:30, Wednesday 15:15 – 19:15, Friday 8:30 – 13:30, Saturday 7:00 – 13:30
Week 3 – Tuesday 8:30 – 13:30, Wednesday 15:15 – 19:15, Thursday 15:15 – 19:15
Pay and Benefits
- Pay: £9,426.72 per annum (£8.50 per hour)
- Pension: 8% pension contributions (contributions are paid by the Charity on your behalf; you may also choose to make your own contribution if you wish to do so)
- Annual leave: 25 days rising to 27 plus bank holiday (pro rata)
- Life assurance: 3 x basic salary
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Become a beneficiary of the Charity
- A rewarding role helping the UK’s fire and rescue services
This is a superb opportunity to not only give back to members of our deserving fire and rescue services community, but also to gain valuable working experience with our incredible Charity.
As a Catering Assistant, you will be tasked with providing high standards of customer service and cleanliness and a welcoming and hospitable environment for our guests.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist with basic catering tasks
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule including kitchen equipment and the food preparation environment
- Ensure the dining area is presentable at all times
- Respond to requests from guests in a professional manner
- Work within health and safety guidelines at all times
To be considered as a Catering Assistant, you will need:
- Previous catering experience
- A Level 2 Food Safety Certificate or the willingness to complete this training (training is provided)
Previous experience in a high standard, customer focused environment would be beneficial to your application.
This is the ideal role for someone who has previously worked as a Catering Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Front of House Assistant, Waiter, Waitress, Trainee Chef, Trainee Cook, Retail Assistant, General Assistant, Retail Advisor, Customer Service Assistant, or Hospitality Assistant.
The closing date for this role is the 18th October 2019. This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
The Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
So, if you are ready to take on a new role as a Catering Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.