General Manager – Run a Brand-New Pub
General Manager – Run a Brand-New Pub
Ever fancied running your own pub? If you’ve managed a hospitality environment and feel you’re ready to take on your own business, come and join the St Austell family and run one of our 170 venues across the South West.
We’ve got a new site in Dorset and we’re looking for a General Manager to take the reins and make a success of the business.
What it’s like to be a General Manager with St Austell Brewery:
We’ve been in the business of running and supporting tenanted venues for over 160 years and so we know what it takes, and we know exactly how to support you. You’re already an expert in the hospitality arts and so we’ll help bring out your creativity and the entrepreneurial spirit that will result in a successful venue.
We have pubs that are loved by locals and visitors alike across the South West, and this role offers the opportunity to help write the success story of one of our newest sites.
Joining us in early 2020, you will:
- Support the success of the pub’s opening and build a hard-working team
- Juggle all elements of operational and commercial management for the pub
- Enjoy being a hands-on member of the busy operation, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to provide a memorable guest experience
- Thrive on being a role model to your team who turn to you for support and development, inspiring them to strive for the best in everything they do
We’ve won awards for the way we partner with our General Managers and tenants and the support we provide. Those who run a St Austell Pub have consistently reviewed the support and services we offer and the results have placed us higher than any other company reviewed.
You’ll be supported by Head Office teams, field-based Business Development Managers and training programmes and motivated by superb rewards packages including comprehensive benefits and an amazing bonus scheme which could see you earning over 50% of your salary.
What you’ll need:
As our General Manager, you’ll be proud of what you’ve achieved while successfully managing a busy, quality food-led venue. You’re a natural when it comes to communicating, delighting guests and motivating teams. Your experience will have seen you:
- Become truly passionate about creating positive and memorable experiences that wow your guests
- Build and lead an exceptional team
- Control cash and stock
- Hone your outstanding organisation skills
- Hold a personal licence
Who is St Austell Brewery?
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer, with holidaymakers flocking to experience our hospitality.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We’re delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning across the South West, from Bath and Bristol to the Isles of Scilly.
Are there any perks?
As one of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- 30% discount off food and drink
- 50% discount off accommodation
- A competitive and achievable company bonus scheme
- A supportive health cash plan
- Fantastic training and career development opportunities
- Discounted memberships with local businesses
- Cycle to work scheme
If you want to help drive the success of a brand-new St Austell Brewery site, please apply via the button shown.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.