Training & Competency Specialist
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Is directly responsible for all aspects of operations training for the site. Competency, Skills training, administration, compliance and KPI delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Is directly responsible for all aspects of operations training for the site. Competency, Skills training, administration, compliance and KPI delivery.
- Engage with local management to ascertain training requirements and ensure Goals and Strategies are agreed and Competency, HSE and general skill requirements are fully understood and supported via appropriate training provision.
- Coordinate training requirements and priorities across functional groups to minimize cost and meet operational needs.
(All, HSE, technical/operating,Skills,HHT)
- Work with the Global Training Managers and Regional Training Manager to ensure local business groups training goals and objectives are met.
- Provide input and local SME support as directed by the BU Training MGRs or HSE for the development, evaluation and/or maintenance of competency packages and associated work instructions.
- Maintenance and reporting of onsite training records. HSE, Competency and General skills updated and accurately recorded.
- Work with the local management team to ensure Grant and Apprenticeship funding opportunities are maximized. (ECITB etc)
- Identify opportunities and areas of improvement for on site training.
- Actively participate in any audit activity.( internal,ISO,FPAL,Client)
- Design ,conduct and coordinate training sessions as required. To include Skills, Competency, HSE and Induction.
- Assist in Individual and or group development plans as required.
- Schedule classes based on organizational needs identified by management and regulatory requirements.
- Represents the Training Department as required on initiatives related to team development, quality and safety.
- Conduct needs analysis to identify any requirements as requested by the SMT and BU training manager.
- Analyze performance data to determine effectiveness of instructional systems, courses, or instructional materials.
- Oversee the development of internal instructors, evaluate instructor performance, and refer instructors to classes for skill development. Includes both classroom and OJT instructors.
- Identify and assign instructors to conduct training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reporting to the Regional training Manager with dotted line to Global BU Managers.
- Critical partners include operations managers in Aberdeen.
- Degree or equivalent experience, Training and Development preferred.
- Experienced in the development, updating and administration of competency programs.
- Extensive knowledge of training required to support HSE and Manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of three (3) years' training experience, curriculum design and development
- experience preferred.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of the ECITB processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that all training data is accurately recorded and meets global training standards
- Ability to provide clear communication and direction to staff and 3 rd party training providers.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered SHOP/Indoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.