Wakefield Girls' High School, Senior School
(GSA Day School, 625 Girls 11 – 18 years)
Starting salary £24,253.00 pa
with progression to £28,295.00 pa
Wakefield Grammar School Foundation is one of the country’s leading families of independent day schools. Wakefield Girls' High School and Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Junior and Senior Schools, offer a single-sex education from 4-18 years. Mulberry House Nursery educates boys and girls from 3-4 years.
WGHS nurture, encourage and challenge our girls so they are prepared for the rapidly changing modern world. At WGHS we strive to deliver a world class education to all through our High-Performance Learning programme.
The Foundation has a vacancy for a dynamic, motivated technical support specialist covering 2nd and 3rd lines of support to join the ICT support team at WGHS supporting teaching and learning through the school. The role will also involve working on projects, initiatives and installations for the schools. The post is based at the Wakefield Girls High School (WGHS) and will support all staff and pupils at the Senior school and at the Junior school. There is an element of providing cross-Foundation support that will impact on all the schools in the Foundation as well as attending regular ICT support team meetings.
- We are looking for a minimum of eighteen months’ experience in a Windows 10 domain environment with experience of server 2012 R2, 2016 and exposure to 2019 server, as well as experience with network administration through Active Directory, access control and security.
- You will have supported a number of Windows images and used image manipulation tools to deliver desktops.
- You will be comfortable with the configuration of switches and firewalls.
- You will have the ability to diagnose problems and find solutions to new developments with on-premise and cloud services.
- You will have a keen interest in personal development and be keen to work with new technologies and work towards the qualifications appropriate for this role.
The successful candidate should hold a recognised computer or network management qualification, e.g. NVQ level 3, Comptia A+ and/or Microsoft qualification.
This position is vital to the running of the schools, so applicants should be professional with a helpful attitude and have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and pupils.
This post is full time and permanent, working 37.5 hours per week, 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, all year round.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Click apply below for further information and to download an application pack.
Applications by CV will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 09.00am on Friday, 25th October 2019