Lead Enterprise Architect
Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Enterprise Architect to join our dynamic team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £65,000 - £85,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Lead Enterprise Architect to join our IT Architecture team based in Cambridge. The main purpose of this role is to provide thought leadership in technology roadmap strategy and hands on practical technical assurance of IT projects.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Lead Enterprise Architect:
- Assist with the technical assurance of the Press’s IT projects and, on occasion, perform or commission short, deep-dive analysis reports on specific hot spot technical issues for solutions that typically span multiple applications
- Lead the effort to capture and document the EA model and promote its use
- Use consulting and analytic skills and information gathering techniques to investigate logical and physical solution architectures that span corporate IT systems, produce high quality technical reports / documentation and promote cooperation between the various IT and business stakeholders
- Produce a series of white papers on future roadmap thinking across the enterprise and feed in recommendations for future IT projects
- Previously worked within a similar role previously and will have a good balance of business architecture and technical experience, enterprise modelling, data analysis and business analysis skills
- Highly organised, you will have the ability to document processes, procedures and solutions clearly, concisely and for a range of target audiences
What we are looking for in our Lead Enterprise Architect:
- Comfortable capturing and communicating strategic requirements from senior business users as modelling/reviewing the technical designs, preferably with ArchiMate3
- A people-person, who thrives working with a large range of stakeholders
- Able to build a strong and positive network of business relationships
- Experience of a broad array of different technologies, preferably including service-oriented and cloud approaches and an understanding of TOGAF methodology
- Experience as a successful team leader and in coaching and supporting team members
- Experience of working within a book or journal publishing environment would be advantageous
Closing date: Thursday 24th October
Click ‘apply’ today and don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Lead Enterprise Architect.