CNC Lathe Programmer / Setter / Operator
Our client is an established Precision Engineering compnay based in the Wolverhampton area and due to their continued success Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of CNC Lathe Programmer / Setter / Operator.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be will be responsible for programming, Setting and operating CNC Lathe machines (5 Axis) with live tooling. to ensure all parts are machined to the correct specifications.
Your core duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings to establish machine set-up
- Programming Setting and Operating CNC machining centres (Lathe) 5 axis
- Prioritising multiple activities and tasks to acheive challenging deadlines
- Setting up tooling, machine speeds and feeds as required for complex small components to medium components.
- Manage the programming of updates and new components
- Modifying production processes to reduce waste and improve operating efficiency
- First off part inspection using measuring equipment, before issuing to QC for final pass off
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to all programming requirements
You will be a competent CNC machine programmer / setter / operator (Lathe ) and you will have at least 3 years programming experience.
You will be familiar with automotive and aerospace manufacturing standards and specifications.
Candidaes must be prepared to demonstrate a hands-on approach and possess a working knowledge of ISO 2 quality management system.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 7.00am to 2.00pm or 2.00pm to 10.00pm. (lunch time finish on Friday). However, candidates must be flexible in their support to overtime requests.
Excellent competitive salary dependant on experience
28 days annual leave