Community Hub Leader – Oasis
Community Hub Leader – Oasis
Oasis Community Learning is a ground-breaking global Christian movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our community hubs enable people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
We are currently looking for a Community Hub Leader to lead our Blakenhale Hub, which comprises an academy and a range of youth and community work.
- Salary of £31,371 - £35,934 per annum
- Local government pension scheme
- Make a lasting difference through community transformation
- Support to grow and develop your knowledge
If you have a background in community delivery and development, this is an incredible opportunity to deliver vital services that are helping to transform communities.
Our vision is for a community where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their true potential. In this role, you will have the chance to deliver services that enable people to flourish socially, physically, emotionally, spiritually and educationally.
So, if you are eager to make a positive, lasting difference to the lives of local people, we want to hear from you.
As the Community Hub Leader, you will oversee the development of our Blakenhale Hub and support our academy and wider community.
Working towards the vision of integrated community delivery, you will oversee the success of a number of services, including advice and support, children’s/youth work, targeted families work and chaplaincy.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the strategic development of the Hub
- Develop a variety of services, including food banks, benefits advice, family support services and jobs clubs
- Grow a team of staff and volunteers who provide chaplaincy and community services to academy students and the wider community
- Develop services to benefit the academy
- Build positive relationships with key figures throughout the community
To join us as a Community Hub Leader, you will need:
- Previous experience of leading community delivery
- Experience of working with young people and communities
- Previous experience of growing projects, from the initial start-up phase through to maturity
- A degree level qualification and/or professional qualification in community development or teaching
- The ability to act strategically and be involved in direct delivery
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: leadership in an extended services and/or specialist school environment, developing partnerships with schools, businesses and the community, or effectively managing delegated budgets/public funds.
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Leader, Community Services Leader, Community Services Team Leader, Project Manager, or Community Development Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 17th October 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 22nd October 2019.
So, if you are seeking a rewarding new role as a Community Hub Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.