Intervention Teaching Assistant
St George's CofE Primary Academy
Intervention Teaching Assistant - Fixed Term until 31st August 2020
Salary/Grade – NJC point 3 (FTE £18,065)
Hours – 11.25 hours per week for 39 weeks of the year.
Application Deadline - 12:00 noon on Monday 28th October 2019
Interviews –Monday 4th November 2019
To start in November 2019, we are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who will be able to support our children with their learning. You will be required to work afternoons, Monday to Friday. If you are motivated, energetic and enthusiastic about education, are passionate about making a difference to children's lives and can work effectively within a team, then this is the school for you.
Successful candidates will:-
- Be able to assist pupils to learn and reach their full potential
- Have an interest/experience in SEN and EAL
- Have high expectations and understanding of behaviour of all pupils
- Work in partnership with the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- Create and maintain a purposeful learning environment
- Have experience of delivering interventions for children
We will offer you:-
- Happy, enthusiastic and polite children
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive Christian school ethos
- A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children
- A commitment to high quality continued professional development
An application pack is available on the school website: www.st-georges.plymouth.sch.uk
Visits to the school are welcomed and recommended, please contact the school office on 01752 224863 to make an appointment.
St George’s Academy is part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust. We are committed to safeguarding children in our care and any successful candidate is subject to a satisfactory DBS check, relevant pre-employment checks and Disqualification by Association.