Paralegal (with potential training contract)
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise - funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this - at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you'll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you'll find more information on why you'll enjoy working with us???
We are looking to appoint a paralegal to join a team of 5 providing pragmatic legal advice on an ever expanding range of subjects. This is a fixed term job position with a potential training contract
- Assisting the legal team in managing business risk.
- Reviewing non-standard terms of appointment and providing advice to business managers within the organisation.
- Drafting amendments to documents as well as bespoke agreements which promote the business interests of the Company.
- Negotiating with public and private sector clients as well as third party sub-consultants in order to limit and manage risk.
- Travel to branch and client offices may be necessary.
- Strong academics (LPC (Commendation) Undergraduate degree (2:1 preferred)).
- Experience in company and commercial law matters.
- Good understanding of the UK Companies Act, and can demonstrate a good comprehension of basic contract law (e.g. how indemnities work / what is a warranty).
- A "can do", self-starting attitude.
- The maturity and confidence to operate independently.
Link Group's purpose statement 'Together we achieve' reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success - both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you'll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the 'I'm Interested' or Apply button???
To support your application a covering letter setting out your interest in the opportunity is required.