Accountant - York
You would be joining a very well established, family run business which manufactures the highest quality iof products. With a proud heritage of UK manufacturing their products are sold across the world.
Within this newly created role you would be joining a high growth subsidiary company of the Group. The role offers a rare opportunity to take ownership of the accounts function and work on growth plans alongside a first class MD who is highly entrepreneurial, with a passion for both the business and the team.
This interesting and varied role will be hands on and commercially focused. You will have the opportunity to develop the finance function, set up the processes / controls and work alongside MD on implementing growth plans.
- Maintain the reliability and accuracy of the financial and management information that is reported to the business.
- Develop reporting systems
- Stock reporting and analysis
- VAT returns, tax returns, month end reports and year end reports
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Set up KPI's and analysis
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Posting monthly journals including accruals.
- Meeting with various sites to review their P & L
- Systems implementation
- Hands on accountant - who is confident in working for an SME
- End to end management accounts experience
- First class communication skills
- Knowledge of the manufacturing sector and stock accounting
- Analytical, confident in a fast-paced role
- A natural problem solver and logical thinker
- Able to work to deadlines and able to multi task
- Positive, passionate and driven
- Salary GBP35,000 to GBP40,000 plus quarterly bonus
- Free Car Parking
- Accessible from Hull and York
- A genuine opportunity to progress working alongside a first class MD who is focused on growing the business
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at more information on Jobs or Recruitment.