Graduate - English Language
Bid Support Officer
An interesting opportunity has arisen for an English Language Graduate to work as a Bid Support Officer to work with a unique and well established avionics company within the UK team based at the Yeovil site in the South West of England.
This is a superb chance to be a part of the success story and work with a Company who are part of a multi-national Group and who are globally recognised as world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. With a great heritage, this is a business which prides themselves both on their reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for their people.
What we can offer you
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi-leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
As Bid Support Officer your role is to ensure International Campaigns Bids & Proposals are presented in the Company Corporate standard, to promote and present them in the best possible way and, therefore increasing the chance of success. Ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout the bid documentation with a high standard of written English.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Processing text for bid documentation and associated documents using English and/or foreign languages, for the preparation of single or dual language Leonardo Helicopters bid documentation.
- Conversion of RFI and RFP documents into initial Leonardo Helicopters bid documentation, using MSWord and Adobe Acrobat DC, ready to use by bid authors.
- Formatting bid documentation and ensuring they reflect the desired company image by using the departments format style and guidelines for consistency of presentation.
- Ensuring document text uses clear, plain English; this encompasses proofreading of technical bid documentation and liaising directly with Bid Authors where necessary.
- Organising the translation of bid documentation, from initial translation of customer request to enable Bid-No-Bid decision to final translation for bid submission.
- Suitable preparation of such documentation to speed up the translation time and reduce cost.
- Checking returned translation for completeness of request.
- Keeping accurate translation tracking and records for budgetary purposes.
- Assisting in designing and creating graphic images, covers and specialist page designs for use in company documents and presentations.
- Training and advising other company staff on document preparation techniques and the best use of company software for contributions to bids, proposal and presentation.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Fast and accurate word processing skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadline, which may involve additional hours of work (incl. evenings and weekends) to achieve the submission deadline.
- A high level of interpersonal skills in communicating with internal and external Customers at all levels.
- A high standard of written English, preferably with proofreading skills.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word application and an aptitude for use of other Windows-based software packages.
- Knowledge of, and aptitude for, creation and use of specialist graphics preparation software.
- Knowledge of presenting material for publication as customer-focussed documentation.
- International travel may be required.
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Darbyshire on or email