Researcher - Policy Forum for Wales
WHO ARE THEY???
Our Client, a market leader in organizing impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy is looking to recruit a new Researcher to help produce conferences on some of the most important policy issues for Wales being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
The role is full time and permanent based in Bracknell, Berkshire working Monday - Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm with an hour for lunch. Travel and working outside of office hours will be expected for events and conferences. The role would suit a graduate who has studied a relevant course and has an interest in Welsh Government policies or someone who is looking to progress further within the field. As a result the salary is based on experience.
- Demanding but rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and expanding, but with a strong ethical heart;
- Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production;
- Following latest policy developments and news and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts;
- Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars;
- Liaising with speakers and chairs; and
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our events - seminars and receptions held in Cardiff and elsewhere in Wales.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial;
- Important occasions for policymakers in the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Government, those affected by the issues and other interested parties.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR???
- Fluent written and verbal Welsh Language skills
- A quick learner who can hit the ground running;
- Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields;
- Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered;
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policymakers with the context to make best decisions;
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills - and quick to learn;
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality); and
- Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential.
- There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 85-strong team is always on hand.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE???
- Competitive salary based on experience
- An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities for career progression for the right candidates.
- People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.
- Twenty days per year annual leave with an additional day's leave after each complete year of service up to a maximum of twenty-five days' annual leave after five years' service. First year of employment, leave is calculated on a monthly pro rata basis from the start date
- Eye-care voucher scheme
- Free parking on the Business Park and right next door to Bracknell Station.
- Twice yearly appraisals and it is at these points' salary reviews are considered.