Applications Engineer - Mechanical Special Purpose Machinery
Are you a pre-sales engineer or a sales engineer looking for an exciting applications role where you can have a real impact on customer designs and specifications? Perhaps your already working as an applications engineer in the pre-sales department, but aren't quite getting the recognition for your work? Well we have the perfect role for you.
I am looking to recruit an applications engineer to join the sales team for an automation and materials handling client of mine in Nottingham. Your responsibility is to do initial concepts and drawings for the quoting process in SolidWorks before handing back over to the sales team who will liaise with designers and project managers. This is a customer facing role, and will be heavily involved in the initial drawing and design process.
Indicative responsibilities include:
- You will be gaining experience as an application engineer, supporting the sales team within the automation and materials handling division of the business
- You will be operating between the sales and engineering departments, gathering and reviewing information about client specific requirements, developing concepts, designs costings and producing detailed technical proposals and bids
- You will also spend time working with suppliers and industry specialists, testing customer samples with state-of-the-art equipment whilst investigating different alternatives
- You will gain experience working within a very successful engineering group that operates world wide and has a ever growing customer base and profits, whilst maintaining low levels of staff turnover
- You will gain design experience using SolidWorks and have the chance to work with detailed technical drawings. When required you may also be asked to take your concepts to final design stage and produce detailed manufacturing drawings
- You will have the chance to uncover your natural concept design ability and furthermore develop your technical skills while promoting your design ideas to the rest of the engineering and sales teams
Skills and Experience required:
- You will have a completed Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering, preferably in an electronic or mechanical engineering field
- You must possess strong communication skills and have the desire and enthusiasm to learn about presenting, negotiating, and selling a product
- You must have a good working knowledge of 3D/ 2D CAD, particularly in SolidWorks, as there will be a significant concept and layout design element in this role
- You must also have experience in reading and understanding technical drawings and preferably be able to sketch an idea down, on the spot, without relying on a computer
- Previous experience in the automation and materials handling industry is not a requirement but will count as a plus
If If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please apply with your most recent and up to date CV. If you have any questions about this role, please call Connor Jones on or email him on .
*Please be advised that due to the nature of the clients business , we are unable to process applications from candidates who do not hold the right to work in the UK. Any and all applications from outside of the UK will be disregarded without feedback. Please also be advised that if you have not received any feedback and or correspondence from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.