Emerging Market Sovereign Analyst - CEEMEA
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are???
As a valued member of Emerging Market Sovereigns in Singapore you will deliver analysis and generation of investment ideas, and Quasi Sovereigns across hard currency credit, local rates and FX. In your role you will have primary coverage responsibility for many important sovereigns from a benchmark perspective. Reporting to the Head of Rates Research you will be required to regularly update Columbia Threadneedle's investment professionals with developments relating the coverage area. Due to the complexity of the coverage universe established Emerging Markets research and/or portfolio management experience is a necessity.
How you'll spend your time???
- Overseeing coverage of local currency rates, fx, and sovereign credit markets in EMEA and sub-Saharan Africa
- Generating actionable research that combines fundamental, valuation, and technical factors to identify potential risks and expected returns
- Conducting fundamental credit research (familiarity with sovereign macro analysis and drivers of credit risk will be key!) and identify relative value opportunities in emerging market rates and credit
- Contributing to improving the team's approach to fundamental research and risk management processes
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with issuers, brokers, rating agencies and other relevant external parties
- Assisting in Marketing as appropriate
- Some international travel may be necessary
To be successful in this role you will have???
- Experience with sovereign credit and rates macro analysis in an investment environment
- Proven record with structuring and expressing actionable trade recommendations, either as an analyst or a portfolio manager
- Data analysis and modelling experience, interest in developing this skillset further
- Understanding of bond math and basic fixed income portfolio risk metrics
- Experience with rich/cheap and relative value modelling approaches in the emerging markets fixed income universe
If you also had this, it would be great???
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Previous experience of problem-solving as part of a team
- Appetite and aptitude for taking risk
- Curiosity and desire to both learn from and educate the rest of the investment team
- Experience in programming in R/Python is a plus