Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
My high-profile banking client is currently recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to work in their office based in London on an initial 6-month contract
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Planning work in conjunction with business priorities
* Planning all aspects of projects undertaken
* Managing projects with a focus towards on-time, on-budget and on-scope delivery and a solid focus on identification and management of Risks
* Preparation and maintenance of standard project documentation including Scope, Business Requirements, Governance, Communication Plans and After-Action reviews
* Chairing and participating in regular project meetings
* Preparing test plans for UAT and completing testing
* Ensuring appropriate walkthroughs of business process changes so all parties understand.
* Liaising with Front, Middle and Back Office and other impacted parties, such as the Fund Accounting, on a regular basis on issues relating to projects
* Liaising with peers throughout the global business
* Providing input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
* Generating ideas for operational efficiency.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
* Previous experience working in an asset management business in a project management capacity
* Previous experience in Fund launches and good understanding of Fund Mechanics and trade flow
* An understanding of life cycle of a securities trade from order through to executed trade
* Previous experience of managing business process changes.
* Experience of fund management systems for equities, fixed income and futures preferred
* Experience of an order management system ideally Aladdin
* Excellent communication skills. Will work with end users in a time sensitive environment. Users include Portfolio Managers, Equity Dealers, Risk and Compliance Analysts, Operations and Technology
* Strong global awareness and adaptability in order to work well with partners/users in various locations/time zones (including but not limited to London, Chicago, Australia Hong Kong, Japan, Bangalore)
* Knowledge and experience of software application testing, documentation, issue tracking and resolution (preferred)
* Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational
* Self-starter, and be able to think ahead and schedule tasks
* Strong eye for detail
* Ability to be flexible and change priorities quickly
* Ability to lead and influence other departments to deliver with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
* Time management
* Focused internal clients relationships
* Communication, including presentational skills
* Excellence in execution of programmes
* Persuading and influencing
* Adaptability and flexibility.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.