Junior Software Developer
We develop using the latest tools and are currently using Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, VS Code and GIT.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will contribute to the complete software lifecycle, including:
• Designing, coding, documenting and testing software • Working in product and delivery Agile scrum teams.
• Contributing, reviewing and estimating user stories, requirements and design documents for new features.
• Serving as an advocate for software quality in both production and test development.
This role requires technical flexibility and a desire to learn new skills, assess and bring benefits.
• You have a relevant technical background, e.g.: Degree in Computing/Maths/Science or Engineering OR Experience of software development through employment or education
• You have good GCSE (or equivalent) grades in English, Maths and Science • You have a solid grasp of Object Orientated programming and concepts • You have a desire to collaborate and innovate with our internal teams (both technical and non-technical) and with our schools • You are hands on, passionate and creative. You get things done. You are a doer.
You’ve created software following agile software development practices
• You have created software using any of the following technologies (or equivalents):
o Object orientated language such as C#, C++ or java
o back-end technologies like MS SQL Server, NoSQL, REST API’s etc
• You have used any of the following tools to develop software: Visual Studio, VS Code, SQL Server Management Studio, GIT
• You have a good grasp of OO design patterns • A-level (or equivalent) Maths
We want to be known for the difference we make in people’s lives. For schools, we’re pioneering a more efficient and holistic approach to gathering, summarising and sharing student information. For our staff: we help everyone achieve their potential as individuals and as team members.
Since work is a huge part of your life, we want it to be interesting (new technologies, subject matter, and challenges) and fun (company outings, team socials, hackathons, etc.). We keep up with the latest technologies, tools, and tricks of the trade – we’re always refining our approach, and everyone has a seat at the table.
Benefits • Competitive salary • Flexible hours • Transparent career development pathway • Relaxed working environment • Cycle-to-work scheme • Continued Professional Development, including Pluralsight for developers • Interest-free loans for public transport season tickets • Free on-site parking in Cambridge • Free tea and coffee • Office bake-offs for charity • Auto-enrolment pension scheme