Senior Technical Advisor
Durham Professional Services is delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor to join our well-regarded client based in Stirling. Working as part of a team you will actively be involved in proving a wide range of renewable energy advisory services including technical due diligence, technical review of technology, market policy analysis, root cause analysis, owners and lenders engineering, technical and logistical support for acquisition and transaction activities for renewable energy projects to international clients. Our client is forward thinking, innovative and collaborative; seeking ways to minimise and mitigate project risk for their clients who include leading project developers, investors, lenders and asset owners.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
As a Senior Technical Advisor, you will provide technical advice to clients throughout the energy value chain.
The responsibilities may include:
- Managing large and complex projects involving multiple offices
- Coordinating input from cross-functional global technical specialists and writing of the technical due diligence reports
- Identify potential transactions, prepare offers and contribute to due diligence projects
- Identify and mitigate where possible risks within of projects and transactions
- Follow market trends and define service offerings for clients in the renewable energy domain, drawing from Natural Powers broad service portfolio
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of energy market challenges and trends.
- Expert knowledge in electrical engineering, wind turbine design, civil design and/or asset management as well as strong project management capabilities.
- Proven track record of due diligence project delivery.
- Experience with renewable energy projects including wind, solar, renewable heat and/or energy storage projects.
- A network and relationships with renewable energy project developers, independent power producers, utilities, resource agencies, lenders and other relevant clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in successful project management, team management and client relationships.
- Superior organisation, decision-making, and communication skills.
- You are able to work independently, are goal-oriented and have a flexible attitude.
- Capable of working as part of an integrated international team.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking.
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment operating to tight timescales.
- Full UK or international Driving Licence.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.