Reference Data Operations Analyst
We are looking for leaders and problem solvers who are passionate about data and data management.
The purpose of the Operations team within the Reference Data Product Management group is to manage daily operations of enterprise reference data systems and associated businesses processes. The role requires effective management of tactical, BAU activity, as well as longer term, more strategic projects to introduce product and process improvements.
A successful candidate will be an experienced Operations Analyst who communicates and collaborates effectively, taking ownership and accountability for operational stability, issues, and ongoing improvements in their areas of focus. They will demonstrate a track record of success in a fast-paced production role, with the ability to contribute meaningfully to data-driven process improvements over time. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders – front office customers, project managers, business analysists, and technologists – is important
Reporting to the Operations team, the Operations Analyst will be responsible for delivering robust reference data operations, with a focus on instrument master data, but also including other types of reference data such as Corporate Actions, Party and Pricing data.
- Follow, maintain, and improve a daily playbook of operational procedures and controls
- Capture all metadata feeding into an Incident Management program for all reference data issues
- Work with front and back office stakeholders across the organization to triage and fix production issues
- Produce operational reports for team and management reviews on a regular basis
- Work with technologists, project managers, and business analysts to deliver reference data system upgrades in the domains of process automation and quality assurance, using tools and languages such as Jira and SQL
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree (STEM degree preferred)
- Relevant years of professional experience in financial services, particularly operational / production roles in support of trading and investment activities, or of associated financial data
- Working knowledge of financial markets and products, including Pricing or ECM / Corporate Actions
- Experience with workflow automation and data quality controls
- Experience with major financial data vendor products, such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, and S&P
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Very strong attention to detail, with an interest in process design and automation
- Strong analytical skills
Expiry Date: 31st October 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Apply for Reference Data Operations Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly