CoventryLive is a fast-growing website leading the coverage of news, sport and entertainment in Coventry and Warwickshire.
We have a team of dedicated and passionate journalists at our Coventry Canal Basin office covering the news that matters to the people of Coventry and Warwickshire.
Now we need a senior journalist to join our team and help us grow even further.
We are looking for candidates with excellent storytelling techniques, superb social media skills, and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging.
We need a reporter who can tell stories in words, pictures, video and audio in a way that engages CoventryLive's audiences.
You will use social media to find and promote stories - getting involved with our communities and engaging with readers. You'll also need a strong focus on analytics to stay in touch with what audiences want.
Our newsroom is friendly, fast-paced, innovative and full of determined, collaborative journalists who enjoy the challenge of a truly digital newsroom and embrace change.
We need someone with a real focus on audience, a willingness to learn and a flexible approach.
Formerly the Coventry Telegraph website, CoventryLive was born in April 2018 to establish a fresh, modern, trusted brand for the city and county and has been growing at an incredible pace.
Your content will also be used in the Coventry Telegraph and its Nuneaton and Warwickshire editions, which we publish six days a week, and it is important you enhance the 128 years of trust and authority established by those print brands.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Telling stories through pictures, video, audio, live blogs and other interactive digital storytelling tools, using innovative techniques that grow audiences and engagement
- Taking a 'right-first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy
- Identifying breaking news by utilising social media as a way to quickly establish further factual information that will support stories
- Using a range of digital formats that will enhance coverage and increase brand visibility
- Providing live coverage of news and events for live blogs and breaking news as required
- Writing content responsively, driven by analytics to deliver on audience trends
- Taking responsibility for a content theme such as a geographic area, campaign or another area of interest, as directed
- Effectively build strong contacts for story-gathering in local communities
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll possess an NCTJ-accredited or equivalent journalism qualification
- 1-2 years experience working in a newsroom
- Understanding of digital publishing including SEO
- Solid understanding of social media and comfortable using social publishing tools
- Up-to-date legal and IPSO code knowledge
- Full driving licence.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.