Senior Marketing Buyer
In a newly created Marketing Procurement specialist role, we're looking for a Senior Marketing Buyer to join our growing Procurement team based out of our Bournemouth office.
This is an exciting time for Allianz UK, as we look to grow our team significantly to take on the additional responsibility of providing Procurement expertise to our joint venture with LV General Insurance ( LV= GIG) and the recently acquired general insurance business of Legal & General in 2020.
You'll be a qualified Procurement professional who is looking to build on a career in a large blue chip organisation, with a desire to start specialising in Marketing procurement and willing to work to achieve qualified status in this area. In this exciting new role, you'll work at a strategic level with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to optimise the value delivered for the whole Allianz UK Group, including more specifically to LV= GIG.
This role can either be based within our Bournemouth (LV=GIG) or Guildford (Allianz UK) offices depending on your location. There will be some travel required between the two offices on a weekly basis (1-2 days max). We'll also be offering a level flexible working on the remaining days (e.g. working from home).
* Supporting the Marketing Procurement Manager to deliver on agreed targets and service delivery.
* Partner and develop effective relationships with the Allianz & LV= GIG Marketing teams to ensure the right supplier base is in place that delivers the right quality, value & required due diligence.
* Coordinates and leads Procurement initiatives and works in support of the Category strategy and AZUK Procurement corporate plan, and in alignment with GSP(Global Sourcing and Procurement) global initiatives and wider Allianz projects.
* Supports LV= GIG Marketing in all sourcing and supplier management activities.
* Support with the development and implementation of category strategies and sourcing processes across all business units to ensure lowest cost of ownership.
* Conducts market analysis, negotiation and contracting activities with suppliers based on strategic aspects and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) approach.
* Conducts tactical and strategic sourcing projects (including vendor screening) via approved channels and facilitates storage of associated contracts as per agreed processes.
* Manages risk through robust due diligence practices in alignment with existing guidance and processes.
Skills & Experience:
* 3- 5 years' experience of managing/ working in a Marketing and Print procurement category (ideally in challenging corporate environment).
* Proven track record of identifying and delivering cost savings and other added value.
* Excellent stakeholder management, and with senior level exposure.
* Knowledge of Contract Law and ability to work alongside our in-house legal team for contract negotiations.
* Experience of working with Ariba or other strategic sourcing platforms, an advantage.
* Basic understanding of the P2P (Procure to Pay) process, but not essential.
* Marketing background preferred but not essential.
* MCIPS - qualified or working towards qualification (preferred).
* Business degree, with Marketing advantageous.
* Full UK driving licence
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We're committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you're having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.