Mig Tig Welder - Steel Peterborough
Welder and Fitter - Peterborough
My Peterborough based client is looking for a Welder/Fitter that can work full-time. The Salary is negotiable and depends on the experience of the candidate.
The Welder/Fitter will be responsible for performing a variety of welding and fitter activities to support the manufacturing facility.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Fabricate parts from drawings
- Prepare parts for welding (saw, pillar drill, grinding, pipe bending, pipe threading, weld preparation)
- Welding activities to class 1 standards using TIG/MIG
- Ensure ALL machines are checked on a daily basis completing relevant check sheets
- To ensure that the Company Health and Safety Policy is adhered to, actively promoting a safe working environment.
GCSE grade A-C Maths, English and Science
Competencies - Essential:
- Class 1 Skilled Welder / Fabricator
- Welder / Fabrication experience in pipe and pressure vessels
- Engineering background
- Able to understand and read engineering drawings
- Stainless steel experience
- Good communicator - verbal and written
- Good team player
- Good time-keeping and attendance record, flexible to working hours
- Well organised and efficient
- Confident and assertive
- Ability to use initiative
- Driving Licence
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Competencies - Desirable:
- Fork Lift Licence
- Manual Handling Training
- First Aider
- Knowledge of overhead cranesThe position is temporary to permanent.
The pay rate is negotiable, please contact the Preea for more information on .