Warehouse Operations Manager - Days
Warehouse Operations Manager - Days
£Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
Pattern: 5 from 7
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join the Warehouse team at our Spalding depot.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
We are Fowler Welch – a multi-award winning logistics provider who deliver a range of products and services to retailers and wholesalers across the nation. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced staff. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows our employees to continually grow and progress in their careers.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the performance of the team to ensure that targets are met and team issues are resolved effectively, ensuring that decisions are consistent and in line with company policy promoting a positive work culture
- Ensuring the warehouse operational team are motivated and have the relevant skills, knowledge and attitude to contribute effectively to maximise accuracy and productivity
- Overall responsibility for training for use of equipment of MHE and operating equipment for all employees and record keeping
- Overseeing management of the warehouse pick and operation functions, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are met and costs are controlled
- Supporting the claims process by leading investigations and ensuring processes are followed quickly and efficiently until closure
- Ensuring that H&S procedures are adhered to at all times including visitors and contractors
- Playing a major role in on and off-site meetings with internal and external customers to ensure business requirements are met
- Internal quality standards of the site and ensuring the operation adheres to the demands of this
- Overseeing daily handover reports and warehouse management reports
- Producing, analysing and providing feedback on daily, weekly and monthly reports relating to performance and finance suggesting improvements when necessary
- Identifying, promoting and implementing continuous improvement programmes
- Overseeing the implementation of new business in line with customer requirements
WHAT WILL I NEED?
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- Operational management gained within the FMCG industry or management experience within a warehouse environment
- People management experience
- Budget and productivity management
- An understanding of warehouse health and safety legislation
- An understanding of WMS systems
You may have previously held the title of Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Operations Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Logistics Manager, or Logistics Operations Supervisor.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits as well as 33 days’ holiday per year.
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Free Fowler Welch Health Cash Plan. We fund a care plan for our employees that covers an array of medical fees including dental and optical - with no cost for you! You even have the option to increase your totals or add family members to the plan for a small monthly fee
- Free Life Insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Auto enrolment onto our competitive pension scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
- Exclusive discounts on a range of package holidays with Jet2Holidays
- Discounted gym memberships at over 2,500 gyms across the UK
Apply today and join us on the road to success!
To apply for the role of Warehouse Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.