The opportunity has arisen for a Tax Senior to join our well establish client based close to York City Centre. This role is initially a contract role up to March 2021 but due to growth in the company this could extend to a permanent role.
Within the role of Tax Senior you will be responsible for completing individual and partnership tax returns whilst managing client engagement throughout. You will be able to provide a professional service in a timely manner to all clients.
Major Responsibilities & Duties of the Tax Senior:
- Complete tax returns from original records or prepared by clients and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax saving opportunities.
- Implement client's tax compliance engagement from start to finish
- Manage client's budgets.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvement.
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and interns on tax projects where required.
- Assist partners on proposals and business development calls.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments to deadlines.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience, preferably in income tax compliance role.
- ATT or CTA qualifications preferred.
- Strong experience in portfolio and tax management.
- Broad exposure to income tax compliance and knowledge of tax regulations.
- Possess an understanding of income tax issues.
- Excellent project management, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skill and attention to detail.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Professionalism, dependability, and integrity combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheets (i.e. Excel).
- Pension scheme
- Flexible benefits
- Study support available
- Career and professional development
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to become a successful member of the team please apply with a full CV or contact Emma Easton at Strand Recruitment.