Digital Audience Editor, Football
Reach plc is looking for a Digital Audience Editor to manage and deliver our football growth strategy on third party referral platforms, with a primary focus on Search and Social audiences. We are looking for someone who will be able to lead our strategy to identify new opportunities for growth.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Drive a strategy to reach new and valuable audiences across our brands
- Lead online content development and digital platform excellence under the direction of the Editor, Football to maximise opportunities for unique and valuable digital football content
- Liaising across departments and marketplaces
- Maximise opportunities for audience interaction and engagement across a number of platforms
- Management and leadership of the audience growth team, providing mentoring, motivation and training as appropriate
- Help to manage and develop our brand social media channels, providing clear best practice to colleagues
- Measured against clear KPIs, with a creative element to the role in determining how best to reach specific, currently underserved audiences both daily and during big events throughout the year.
- Work closely with stakeholders across SEO and social media in newsrooms, delivering best practice on content distribution across platforms
- A key role in establishing our content as the gold standard amongst the audience - and ensuring its ethos and principles are communicated to the wider network
- Monitor audience data and explore growth opportunities using analytics to inform content creation decisions
- Use analytics platforms and audience analysis tools to identify when to create content and how to deliver it to audiences
- Plan and commission content around large evergreen audience opportunities across football
- Liaise with central Football Project stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record of working across major social media platforms
- Experience of using audience analytics
- Demonstrable experience of working strategically with SEO
- Digital publishing experience
- An ability to monitor audience trends and think creatively to serve them
- Exceptional communication skills
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.