Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for a Contracts Manager - Editorial & IP to join our dynamic team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to our Contracts Manager - Editorial & IP:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the Contracts Manager - Editorial & IP role:
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and decisive Contracts Manager to work within a dynamic Legal & Business Affairs team and help the Press to deliver its innovative and ambitious roster of global products.
You will provide management and support in respect of editorial and IP contracting within the Press, under the supervision of the Senior Legal Counsel - Editorial & IP. You will also liaise with two Legal Advisors and our IP Programme team. The role has particular emphasis on content creation and rights management (most notably when contracting with authors and journal societies), general IP/copyright advice and procedure.
You will help to deliver day-to-day assistance to the Press’s worldwide editorial and content management teams, whilst also contributing to innovative plans to deliver efficiencies to editorial contracting processes and participating in the development and delivery of digital contracting and archiving systems.
What we are looking for in our Contracts Manager - Editorial & IP:
- Thrive working with multiple teams and a wide global client base
- Able to offer excellent communication lines and a clear sense of direction and purpose to maximise the performance of the Editorial and IP legal team
- Proactive in your contribution and play an active role in the team
- It is essential to have significant and proven track record of managing rights in creative content, from commissioning through to re-use, adaptations and licensing
- An in-depth knowledge of rights contracting and an appreciation of the issues arising in today’s developing publishing environment, including online, multi-format and derivative uses of historical content
Closing date: Sunday 20th October
Click ‘apply’ today and don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Contracts Manager - Editorial & IP.