Group Editorial Technical Support Specialist
Reach plc is looking for an experienced 2nd line technical support specialist to become a key part of the Group Editorial Technical Support Team. This team plays a critical role in supporting both national and regional editorial staff across the country. The role is London based on a shift pattern that includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays and involves on-site and remote support for Mac and PC. This is a junior role within the team but offers potential to progress and is a great opportunity for someone to improve upon their current skills and knowledge within a dynamic and fast paced environment. There will be a clear focus on a flexible approach to work and most importantly providing the end user with the best level of support possible.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 35 million unique mobile visitors - that's 84% of the entire online mobile population. Each month we attract over 39 million unique visitors, and that makes us the number one news media publisher in the UK. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Resolve all Level 2 requests and incidents logged through the Service Desk
- Implementation, development and support of ContentWatch and associated programmes, including CHP, Escenic, and others as and where required
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of ContentWatch/CHP and all associated programmes/IT environment
- Development of ContentWatch and associated programmes as required, ensuring they meet current & changing business needs
- Testing (UATs), ContentWatch, CHP, and other programmes as required
- Effective communication with operating businesses to enable smooth rollout
- Effective liaison with other members of the GETS team
- Support National Editorial teams through to off stone deadline with onsite presence
- To undertake a floor walking policy within Canary Wharf, including on the spot editorial coaching and training
- Keeps Superuser community informed with all changes to the core Editorial systems.
- To assist and support the Business Interruption Plan for Editorial
- Continual looking in ways to optimise support within Editorial
- Support for all Apple OS builds across the group
- To help to investigate and assess new technological products and assess their benefits to editorial. To help develop existing technologies, to best support editorial production
- Training and supporting our regional editorial colleagues which may require travel across the UK for short periods
The Ideal Candidate
- In depth knowledge of all Desktop operating systems in place at Reach PLC
- In depth knowledge of all Reach PLC core Editorial applications including ancillary software such as Adobe and Microsoft Office
- Ability to train all roles within Editorial on all Core Applications as well as Enterprise applications such as Google, MS Office
- Ability to document workflows, training manuals, requirements
- Ability to communicate to all levels within Editorial
- Ability to write a Business case to present for investment or change.
- Able to problem solve under pressure
- To provide quick and effective fault analysis through to resolution of production critical issues
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at