7 days left
- Full Time
The Ilfracombe Academy, Worth Road, Ilfracombe, EX34 9JB. 1012 pupils on roll
Salary: Leadership 29 - 35
The Directors of St Christopher’s C of E Secondary MAT are to appoint a Headteacher to The Ilfracombe Academy, to take up post in September 2020. The Trust is seeking an experienced, committed and dynamic leader to lead the school in the next stage of its improvement journey.
The school has a well embedded inclusive and aspirational ethos, based on Christian values, and is relentless in pursuing the best possible academic outcomes and life chances for every child.
The Directors are seeking to appoint a person who can build on the progress that the school has made to date, forging excellent relationships with staff, students and the wider community, whilst maintaining the school’s values and ethos.
The Ilfracombe Academy is a new build under the Priority School Building Programme. The school is situated on a hill overlooking the Bristol Channel and the town of Ilfracombe. It serves a large, rural and coastal setting. The school roll is currently 999 and is rising. The school is OFSTED Good (2017) in all categories and Good with Outstanding Leadership for SIAMS (2017). There is no sense of complacency at the school and continuing to improve academic outcomes is a key priority.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a firm belief in the right of every child to experience an excellent education in all its dimensions
- Be determined in removing any barriers that may prevent students from flourishing
- Be committed to recruiting, developing and retaining the highest quality staff
- Engage with parents and the wider community to secure the commitment of all who can support the school
- Prioritise great teaching and learning, and the wider enrichment and personal development opportunities schools can offer
- Have proven experience of successful leadership at a senior level
- Have an understanding of financial management and good governance
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of secondary schools, preferably including those with Sixth Form provision
- Be highly visible and actively enjoy engaging with all school stakeholders
- Be committed to upholding the ethos of the school
- Be fully committed to own professional development including making use of current research
The school has a dynamic leadership team across both senior and middle leaders. Professional development opportunities for all our staff are varied and staff are committed to their own professional learning.
Further details can be found by clicking on “Apply”.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and only applications submitted through the school’s online application system will be considered. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. The Fluency Duty applies to this post, as outlined in the person specification.
The school is closed w/c 21st October for the half term break.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 4th November
Interview Dates: Monday 2nd – Wednesday 4th December