Scientist 4 (x3)
Scientist 4 (x3)
- Location: Swansea University
- Grade & Salary: 4 - £25,076.00
- Post number: 200653, 200642, 200643
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Mon-Fri 37 hour week
- Welsh language requirements: Level 1
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
To undertake routine / non-routine sample analysis for EU Directive reporting, pollution incidents, Commercial Customers and investigative projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
Experience and knowledge is more important than qualifications for this role, so entry level can be with science GCSEs, although graduate entry is the norm.
These roles sit within the organics and inorganics teams. The main functions of these roles will be the preparation, analysis and reporting of results in a range of different tests from a variety of different matrices received from internal and external customers. Experience in a high throughput ISO 17025 accredited laboratory would be advantageous. It would also be highly beneficial if applicants have some experience in the use of the following sample preparation and analysis techniques:
- Organic compound sample extraction/preparation
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
- Inductively Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectrometry
- Colorimetric analysis
Closing date: 13th October 2019
Interviews to take place when/where: As soon as possible after closing date / Swansea University